A gym membership is a big commitment, especially when household finances are tight and you have to work within a budget.
That’s why LA Fitness, a leader in the fitness space for almost four decades, allows you to try before you buy. The chain offers free guest passes to anyone who wants to get in a sample workout at any of their 700+ clubs across the US and Canada.
So if you’re in the mood to get fit, continue reading as we present some need-to-know info about LA Fitness guest passes, guest privileges, and guest policy.
What is the LA Fitness free guest pass?
With the LA Fitness free guest pass, you get to tour and use any of the LA Fitness clubs in the country…without paying for membership.
You can apply for the pass online then redeem it by visiting the location of your choice. The pass is available to anyone over the age of 18 (16+ with a signed waiver of liability or 13-16 with guardian present) and is valid for five days.
How do I get a LA Fitness free guest pass?
It’s really easy to get your hands on a free gym pass. Simply visit the LA Fitness website, find your local club, fill out a form, and the pass will be emailed to you.
Take your pass to your local gym, and an employee will activate it for you at the front desk – giving you five days to make the most of your freebie fitness.
What’s the LA Fitness guest policy?
LA Fitness’ free passes do come with certain conditions:
- Passes must be redeemed in-person at one of the LA Fitness branches and are then valid for five consecutive days
- Guests must present a picture ID at check-in to their club. A parent or guardian must sign a waiver for guests under 18, and guests aged 13-16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Passes older than a month are no longer valid – your pass must be activated within 30 days once it’s emailed to you.
- There’s a limit to how many free passes you can claim, with a maximum of one per person every six months.
- Amenities vary from club to club, and some services, like personal training, Kids Klub, and courts, may incur an extra fee.
- The pass can’t be sold or redeemed for cash.
What privileges come with the free LA Fitness pass?
The free guest pass allows you to use most of the facilities in the club so you can get a good feel for the gym and whether you might want to join on a more permanent basis.
Upon arrival, guests will be asked to take a short ‘fitness analysis’ so staff can get an idea of their fitness level and ability and if they have any special needs or considerations. Then there’s a brief orientation session that explains the club’s rules, amenities, and any additional info you need to know before working out.
After that, the gym is yours! Explore, train, sweat as you please. There are various options, whether you’re looking to work solo, team up with a trainer, or join a class.
Depending on the club, LA Fitness group classes include:
- Boot Camp Circuits
- Cardio classes
- Senior sessions
- Dance classes including Zumba, Hip Hop, and Latin
Personal training is also on offer. Staff can set you up with an experienced trainer who’ll help you safely reach your goals and work on your target areas.
Trainers also provide a fitness assessment service to determine your starting point, an end goal, and how you’re going to get there. This thorough analysis allows them to create a routine customized for you and support you with the vital motivation you need to stay the course!
Most LA Fitness locations also offer sporting facilities such as basketball or tennis courts and a swimming pool. Then there’s also the standard weights room, cardio equipment, stretching area, and locker facilities – nothing’s off-limits with a guest pass!
Other types of guest passes available at LA Fitness
Not sure that a free pass is the right way to go? Don’t worry; there are plenty of other ways to investigate LA Fitness before deciding whether full membership is right for you.
The 14 day VIP Guest Pass at LA Fitness
If you know an LA Fitness member, you can piggyback on their membership. Ask nicely, and a member can bring you along, courtesy of the gym’s VIP Rewards Scheme.
The program, which rewards longstanding members with extra perks, allows eligible members to send their favorite family member or workout buddy a 14-day VIP guest pass. They simply enter your contact details into their private and secure online account, and the gym will email you your VIP pass.
Members earn points on every referral who becomes a member themselves within 90 days, so you can show your thanks by joining up and sharing the love. Points can be redeemed for VIP rewards, including gym gear, headphones, and stainless steel water bottles.
To gift the passes, members must be 18 years or older, and their guests also have to be at least 18.
Family Member Pass
Your family can be your guests at LA Fitness… so if you have a basketball-loving brother, a sister who loves to swim, or a parent itching to try Pilates, this might be the better option for you.
Every LA Fitness member can add up to three family members to their account. Additional fees may apply, depending on the club.
VIP Guest Pass vs Free Guest Pass…which should I choose?
If you’re new to fitness, unsure about joining a gym, or just curious about a new club and its offerings, a guest pass is a great idea.
But there are so many other considerations to choose from that it’s often hard to figure out what will work for you.
The LA Fitness Free Guest Pass is ideal if:
- You’ve never visited an LA Fitness before and want to get to know its services while experiencing the vibe of your local club.
- You intend (and have the time!) to go multiple times in five days.
- You like to exercise and explore the gym alone.
The VIP 14 Day Guest Pass is the one for you if:
- You already know a LA Fitness member who’s keen to refer you and can show you the ropes.
- You want more time with your pass – enjoying as many visits in 14 days as you can.
- You’re probably going to become a member eventually – join up within 90 days and the friend who sent you the pass gets 1,000 points.
Whichever pass you go for, you now have the chance to exercise for free. So no more excuses…time to get off the couch and into the gym – better health is only a workout away!